Chamberlain Idol 2017

Kimmy Curtis, Chief Editor

Contestants Mic check.

On April 6th 2017, Chamberlain Idol was held right here in our main auditorium. Where thirteen performers put their talents to the test in hopes of winning the title of being Chamberlain Idol. The event’s host was Leonel Castillo who tried some light-hearted humor to get the audience engaged. The three judges Miss. Stevens, Mr. Daniel, and Mrs. Gomez had their work cut out for them and eventually had to minimize the thirteen young performers into a top five; whom performed another round later in the night before the winner was chosen.

Senior Carly Rodriguez who performed Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley shares “Truthfully, my friend Daniel Gieron made me audition because he thought I’d be successful. I also didn’t want to miss my last opportunity to do something like this because it’s my senior year.” And she certainly didn’t disappoint, Judge Mrs.Gomez claimed she had no complaints and loved Carly’s sound.

Switching it up, a dancing duo Isiah Delmoral and Raymond Lowe performed mostly improvised and wowed the crowd with their light up sneakers. “We did our best and just wanted to have fun, I feel so blessed!” Lowe states.

Chamberlain Idol also saw up and coming Rapper Christian Robinson aka Truth (@Iamofficaltruth) perform an original rap Lil Tarn. Truth says the reason he signed up was “I have a passion for music and I want to tell my story to people.” Truth engaged the audience and hyped them up before and during the performance.

After all the acts performed, the top five nwhere selected by judges to move on to the final round. Those five acts consisted of: Christian Robinson, Chad McNeal & Ariella Katz, Carly Rodriguez, Isaiah Delmoral & Raymond Lowe, and Kacy Baker.

The final round was determined by audience voters, and when all five acts finished the performing it was Kacy Baker who wowed the audience with her strong and passionate voice as she sang songs All I ask by Adele and Valerie by Amy Winehouse. An abundance of adoring friends and family immediately cheered her on and congratulated the deserving victor! Truth shares “I agree one hundred percent with the judge’s decision” as well as Chad McNeal and Arielle Katz who state “Kacy is amazing and so talented!”

It was a long and successful night for Chamberlain High school’s come back of Chamberlain Idol. We here at the Chieftain are excited to see what next year brings.